Connecting with gratitude helps us be more positive and motivated. It’s been a tough year, So I’m suggesting you take time to reflect on what you are grateful for.
For me I am grateful for:
- Getting to do what I love – helping owners and managers run better accounting firms, with modern thinking and tools.
- My partner Kate who, amongst many virtues, supports me to do 1, particularly when I am away from home quite a bit.
- Being able to travel again – 5 weeks in Europe, 1 week in New Caledonia and 90 domestic flights to visit clients.
- My health – despite all the travels I have stayed healthy.
- Living in Australia. There is a lot of not very positive stuff going on in the world and it makes you realise how lucky we are to be living here.
Gratitude is the feeling of appreciation or thankfulness for something that someone has done or received. Research has shown that gratitude can have a number of positive effects on both physical and mental health, including:
- Improved mood: Expressing gratitude can lead to increased feelings of happiness and well-being.
- Enhanced relationships: Being grateful for the actions and support of others can strengthen relationships and improve social connections.
- Better physical health: Gratitude has been linked to improved sleep, reduced stress, and a stronger immune system.
- Increased resilience: Gratitude can help individuals cope with difficult situations and challenges, and may even protect against depression and anxiety.
- Greater productivity: Gratitude can lead to increased motivation and productivity, as individuals who feel grateful may be more likely to put in extra effort and work harder.
Overall, the power of gratitude lies in its ability to improve well-being and strengthen relationships, both of which are important for overall health and happiness.
The words above in italics were produced for me by Chat GPT in response to me typing “tell me about the power of gratitude”. If you haven’t done so already please read my article about ChatGPT.
What are you grateful for?
Take a few moments to write down a few things and share them with others.