The Accountants Peer Groups (“TAP” Groups) ) are independent groups of accounting and advisory firm owners and managers, facilitated by Rob Pillans. They provide a safe and supportive forum for discussing issues and opportunities in your firm and to step back from the day to day and work on your business rather than in it. Your TAP Group is your very own advisory board.
What to expect
When you join one of our TAP Groups you become a member of a unique community that will support your success. Each group is connected via face to face meetings (two to four times per year depending on the group) and a private online team in Microsoft Teams. The private online team allows members to ask questions and share items of interest without having to wait for the next meeting.
Amongst other things, the TAP groups offer participants the opportunity to:
- Ask questions and share ideas
- Check what other firms are doing that is working well (or not)
- Identify best practice ways of working
- Discuss issues, ideas and opportunities
- Build skills in firm leadership and management
- Tap into Rob’s in depth knowledge of firm management and the profession
- Connect with firms with special expertise who may assist in areas beyond your own expertise
- Meet and hear guest speakers, including key industry suppliers, on a broad range of topics
- Take away ideas to implement for the improvement of their firm
These forward thinking, interactive groups provide practical support for owners of small to medium firms in regional and city areas in Queensland, NSW and Victoria.
Five types of TAP Groups
There are five types of groups we facilitate:
- TAP Group– for partners/directors and practice managers/general managers in small to medium firms, typically 2 to 10 partners/directors
- TAP Small Firm Group – for the leaders of one and two partner/director firms
- TAP Audit Group – for audit partners/managers
- TAP IT Group – for those responsible for IT in their firm
- TAP SMSF Group – for SMSF specialists
Some firms have people attend multiple groups. Click on the links to see more details of each group type.