Rob Pillans – Founder and Principal Consultant
For 30 years Rob has been working in and with accounting firms. Few people, if any, can match the breadth and depth of his experience in the management of firms.
He’s been theCEO of two accounting firms, the GM of one and the Business Manager for two more. He also spent 10 years delivering client services, including as a Business Services Manager.
Rob is analytical, perceptive and able to make sense of the complex and simplify it for others. He has an innate ability connect with people and a passion to help. And while he takes his work seriously, his quick wit is never far away and his energy and enthusiasm for “getting the job done” is almost legendary. These traits serve Rob well in helping accounting firm owners and managers to improve their businesses.
- GM/COO of Proactive Accountants Network / Panalitix for 3 ½ years
- CEO of two accounting firms – RMG Partners and SiDCOR Chartered Accountants
- GM of a mid-tier accounting firm for 5 ½ years – Pitcher Partners Sydney
- Finance and Admin Manager for two accounting firms – PW Sydney, Grant Thornton Sydney
- 10 years of client work including as a Business Services Manager – PW
- 30 years of working in and with firms from 1 to 50 partners
- Set up the headquarters for the Sydney 2000 Olympic Games as Administration Program Manager
- Bachelor degree in accounting, Canberra University
- Master of Business Coaching (with Distinction), Sydney Business School University of Wollongong
- Graduate Certificate in Design Science (Facilities Management), University of Sydney
- Certified Facilitator, Everything DiSC Workplace
- Fellow, Chartered Accountants Australia New Zealand
- Graduate Member, Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Fellow, Institute of Managers and Leaders Australia New Zealand (formerly AIM)
Rob is a keen traveller, and along with his partner Kate, has visited 60+ countries! Rob has trekked in the Himalayas, the Andes and the alps in Europe, Australia and New Zealand. He has cycled in Belgium, the Netherlands, Norway, New Zealand and Australia and driven through Western Europe on a solo four month trip after completing a stint in the UK for PW. Kate and Rob try to visit one new country each year.
Rob also has a keen interest in mountain climbing, which is more theoretical than practical, although in 1995 he did stand atop the highest point in the Andes at 6,958 metres altitude. Rob has 200 books on climbing including a few personally autographed for him by Sir Edmund Hillary.